Welcome to our home! Willamette Westwind Farm is, for us, a magical place and we're pleased to be sharing it with you. We are blessed with beautiful sunrises, sunsets, wildlife, and blooming gardens. To have us all enjoy the bounty of our fortune we ask that you take on the following agreements while you are here with us:
GARBAGE / COMPOST / RECYCLING
We have a little saying amongst us here on the farm about caring for our environment:
It is nobody's job to pick up trash, and everybody can pick up trash – their own or anybody's. And just because it is everybody's responsibility to make sure somebody picks up the trash, it is no excuse for you to be the nobody that doesn't! 😉
As such please put your…
- Trash in the Trash receptacles.
- Organic Waste in the Compost Bin or Compost receptacles
- Recycling in the Recycling receptacle
SMOKING – TOBACCO & POT
- Please smoke in the designated smoking area only! We have individuals on site who are very allergic to marijuana and weed smoke (like Adrienne), or who have asthma. In order to accommodate everyone, please honor this request – if they know where not to go, it won't be a problem for them.
- Please keep pets on a leash. We live on a very busy road, and it has cruelly taken many animal companions in the past. We don't want you to have that kind of experience here…
- Please, no loud music. Making music with your instruments is welcome, but competing stereo systems do not enhance the magic of this place.
FIREWORKS & FIREARMS
- Neither are allowed anywhere on the farm in the possession of our guests.
CRITTERS THAT MAY STING OR BITE
- Please keep in mind that we are in a rural area replete with wild fish, fowl, beasts and bugs, and ofttimes they don't get along so well with we human beings.
- If you have bee or wasp sting allergies please bring whatever medication, inhalers or anti-allergy stuff you may need if you are stung.
- We rarely have mosquitoes, and when we do they are rather bothersome. Again, please bring your own repellant or sting-salve.
APART FROM ARRIVING & GETTING SETTLED, NO CARS ON THE DRIVEWAY
- The exception is the driveway immediately in front of the garage, reserved for customer vehicles, and the north access driveway to and from the north parking area – there are in- and out-privileges for cars parked in the parking field, so you are free to move about the county in your vehicle, just not on our farm.